Chanya’s Healthy Haddock
Day two of Spring Cleaning, and we’re focused on FUEL. This recipe is from our webpage Bonfirehealth.com and it’s one that Chanya gracuously put together for us. Thank you Chanya! For more informationa and recipes check out Bonfire online!
A special note from Chanya: After moving to New England, we noticed that many Haddock recipes were made with bread crumbs, so Chanya came up with a healthy alternative. Even our kids love this fish dinner! Buy and make extra for lunch.
1 1/2 – 2 lbs of haddock (or flounder, cod, or tilapia)
4 cloves garlic
1 can diced tomatoes (14 oz.)
Sea salt and fresh black pepper
1/4 cup imported grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon butter, melted
Optional: Chopped fresh basil
- Heat oven to 400 ° F.
- In medium sauce pan, heat olive oil and add onion, garlic, tomatoes, olives, and capers.
- Bring to boil, turn down to simmer.
- Place fish in baking dish.
- Pour melted butter over fish. Sprinkle Parmesan over fish.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20 minutes.