Ohana Day is Coming! Ohana Day is Coming!
Can you believe it?!? It’s almost Ohana Day!
Our ancestors always took time to come together and celebrate life. We are genetically programmed to gather, eat, and dance around the fire. We thrive when we take a break from our frantic pace to relax and play. Come and spend some time with our Tribe – meet friends, make friends, and bring friends.
Saturday, August 27st, from 12-3pm, the Franson Family Chiropractic Tribe will get together to celebrate our incredible community. For fourteen years, we have gathered the most wonderful families in the region for a day of food, fun, and family. This amazing group of people shares one thing in common – a passionate commitment to the healthiest lifestyle possible.
Of course, we will be playing games (adults and kids), listening to music, doing a 100 repetition challenge, and just hanging out. The event will be held in Beverly’s own beautiful Lynch Park. The park is right on the water, so be sure to bring your suits and lawn/beach chairs. We’ve “arranged” to have a bright, sunny, pleasant day with a refreshing sea breeze. There are plenty of trees for shade, and parking is close by.
We will be grilling all day, but we do ask that everyone brings something to “throw on the bar-b.”
This year we are hosting the second annual Franson Family Paleo Cook-Off.
In the great American tradition of the “Chili Cook-Off,” we will be hosting a friendly competition to find our community’s finest cooks. There will be three categories: Best Salad, Best Entrée, and Best Dessert.
- You must submit a recipe with each entry. Selections will be scored on TASTE and NUTRITION.
- Please prepare enough of your dish for about 12 people to enjoy – or more if you wish!
- These delicious and nutritious entries will be judged by the Franson Family Chiropractors.
- There will be a possible high score of 10 points.
• 0 – 5 points possible for TASTE
• 0 – 5 points possible for NUTRITIONAL VALUE*
• All entries will remain anonymous until the award ceremony.
- PRIZES INCLUDE:
• 1st Prize – $50 Gift Card to Trader Joe’s
• 2nd Prize – Some fabulous kitchen utensils!
Recipes will be collected and turned into a cookbook for your family. (Download your own copy of last year’s cookbook)
Please use the nutritional guidelines outlined in the Bonfire Health Principles.
Ohana Day is our day to host and entertain you and your family. We love to share time and stories with all of you. It means so much to our entire team for you to be there. It’s an open house, so feel free to swing by at any time, and stay as long as you’d like. We look forward to it!
You are family!
In health from within,
Dr. Stephen Franson