Recipe of the Week – Carrot Flax Almond Flour Muffins
Almond flour can be bought at most natural food stores or grocery stores with a natural food section. You can also make your own fresh almond flour at home by grinding up raw almonds in your food processor or coffee grinder.
Carrot Flax Almond Flour Muffins:
1 c.almond flour
¼ c. raisins or currants
2 Tbsp. shredded coconut
⅓ c. walnuts chopped
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
¼ teaspoon allspice
¼ teaspoon sea salt
1 ½ Tbsp. freshly ground flax seeds (you can buy them as flax meal or blend them yourself in a coffee grinder or a Vita Mix high speed blender.)
⅓ c. unsweetened, organic apple juice
1 tsp. vanilla
2 Tbsp. coconut oil
1 1/2 c. finely shredded carrots
5 Tablespoons raw honey
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly coat a cupcake baking pan with coconut oil – spread evenly with a paper towel.
- Combine apple juice and ground flax.
- Let mixture sit to get sticky, while grating carrots and prepare the remaining ingredients.
- Add all dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl and stir well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the flax mixture and stir together.
- Add wet and dry ingredients, and mix thoroughly.
- Pour/spoon batter into muffin pans and bake for 10-12 minutes.