Seventeen years ago…
- Steve Jobs returns to Apple Computer, Inc at Macworld in Boston
- Garth Brooks performs a free concert in Central Park NY
- 185,000 Teamsters union United Parcel Service drivers walk off the job
- STS 85 (Discovery 23) launches into orbit
- Jeanne Calment, the oldest person ever, dies at age 122 years 164 days in Arles, France
- Mariners Randy Johnson strikes out 19 Chicago White Sox
- Diana, Princess of Wales dies in a car crash in a road tunnel, Paris
- Atlanta Braves sign Greg Maddux to record 5 year, $575 Million deal
- South Park’s first episode is aired
- Be Here Now, the third album from English rock band Oasis, becomes the fastest selling album in UK history
- NY Yank 3rd baseman Wade Boggs pitches a scoreless inning vs Anaheim
- Franson Family Chiropractic opens at the Cummings Center
To celebrate our 17th Anniversary we’re having a party on Tuesday, August 19th. Join us!
In honor of this great achievement and to show our continued commitment to serving the local community, all New Patient Exams from now through August 31st are only $17.
We are celebrating!
August marks 17 years for Franson Family Chiropractic at the Cummings Center. When Drs. Camilla and Stephen Franson first toured what is now their practice at the Cummings Center the floors were still dirt. Over the past 17 years, Franson Family Chiropractic has become the leader on the North Shore in family chiropractic care.
Come join us on Tuesday, August 19th from 7am to 12pm. We’ll have cake (don’t worry it’s paleo) and refreshments.
In honor of this great achievement and to show our continued commitment to serving the local community, all New Patient Exams from now through August 31st are only $17. Tell your friends or bring them to the party.
Join us in celebrating on the 19th!
Don’t miss Franson Family Chiropractic’s Healthy Kids seminar on Tuesday, August 5th at 6:45pm in the Cummings Center Community Conference Room – Suite 221E.
Be there to get the answers you’re looking for on how to send outrageously healthy kids back to school this fall. Or submit your questions ahead of time at the front desk.
Please call 978-927-8466 for more information today!
Relaxed? Of course you are…it’s summer! Schedules relax, families relax…
Summertime is the time to get your kids checked.
How about their spine? Has it been checked?
Their spine is the suit of armor that protects your child’s nerve system, the system that coordinates their growth, development, and healing.
To send stronger healthier kids back to school this fall start now. There is no better time!
During July and August children can receive a spine checkup for only $25 at Franson Family Chiropractic. Children and grandchildren of current practice members are eligible to receive a spine checkup at no charge.
Call 978-927-8466 to schedule today!
Did you miss Dr. Franson’s podcast sharing the key things your kids to need before leaving the house everyday. Follow the link below. This episode is full of great gems you won’t want to miss!
Our children get their teeth checked, their hearing checked, their eyes checked, and more. Don’t ignore the spine. It’s their suit of armor that protects their nerve system – the communication pathway for the body’s health and healing.
Summer is the time to get your kids checked! If you’re a patient in our office and your kids haven’t had their spine checked, don’t wait until back to school – it’s too hectic…now is the time! During July and August we are granting amnesty for any kids or grand kids, of practice members, who haven’t been checked. We will do a complete subluxation check up at NO CHARGE. All other children are only $25. Schedule at the front desk today.
Did you miss the Chocoholics Workshop? Have you been waiting for a cookbook filled with tasty and healthy treats? Your wait is over. Check out the FFC Chocoholics Cookbook here:
Looking for safer alternatives to toxic household cleaning and beauty supplies? See the Franson Family Chiropractic Spring Cleaning resource here: http://www.fransonchiropractic.com/blog/?p=5885
To all our Chiropractic families, check out this recent podcast where Dr. Franson joins Dr. Kreso and Dr. Jamie of My Life By Design to share the key things your kids to need before leaving the house everyday. Follow the link below. This episode is full of great gems you won’t want to miss!
Franson Family Chiropractic will be hosting a day-long practice member appreciation day, on June 10th, 2014, with a free party with an omelet and smoothie bar from 6:45am to 12:15pm, at 100 Cummings Center, Suite 101D, Beverly, MA.
Those who are not yet patients of the practice are encouraged to make an appointment during this day, as all New Patient Evaluations will be discounted to $25 in honor of Father’s Day. All guests will receive two coupons for discounted New Patient Evaluations to give to friends.
Throughout the day, anyone who visits the practice can take advantage of the omelet bar and smoothie bar. Guests will also receive a copy of the Franson Family Chiropractic Healthy Snacking cookbook, compiled of winning recipes from this year’s Chocoholics Workshop.
For more information about this free event, and to sign up for an appointment, please call 978-927-8466.
Starting Tuesday, May 27th, we have a new challenge for the Franson Family Chiropractic team. How long can you plank?!
According to the Guinness Book of World Records, the longest time in an abdominal plank position is 3 hours 7 minutes and 15 seconds and was achieved by George Hood in Newport, KY, on April 20, 2013.
Help us BREAK the WORLD RECORD! When you’re in the office from May 27th to June 5th join the team and add your plank time. We’ll provide the yoga mat, you provide the core strength.
Here’s what you need to know:
The majority of our daily routines (sitting, desk work, driving) weaken our torso and decrease our spinal stability. In order to maintain a stable torso while using our body to work, such as carrying something heavy, lifting items from the floor, or transferring power from our hips to throw a ball or punch, we need a strong core. A strong, stable, core with the ability to resist the stress of outside forces is far more important than having the ability to perform a million crunches or situps. The basic plank, performed properly, will be sufficient for developing good core stability.
How to Do the Basic Plank
- Get in the pushup position, only put your forearms on the ground instead of your hands. Your elbows should line up directly underneath your shoulders. Toes on the ground.
- Squeeze your glutes and tighten your abdominals.
- Keep a neutral neck and spine.
- Create a straight, strong line from head to toes – a plank, if you will.
- Hold that position.
Things to Remember
- Don’t let your hips sag down to the ground. Sagging hips makes the exercise initially easier, but it’s not a plank and it defeats the purpose of the exercise.
- Look down at the ground. This is a good prompt for maintaining a neutral neck position.
- When your form begins to suffer, pull the plug. You’re only benefiting from the plank by actually doing the plank.